Hoffer Adler LLP
“Lawyers Focused on the Needs of Their Clients”
#300 - 425 University Ave
Toronto, Ontario, M5G 1T6, Canada
Contact: Joseph Adler
Phone: (416) 977-3444
Alternate Phone: 416-977-6666
We have represented franchisors, master franchisees, franchise associations & franchisees of over 400 franchise systems. Joseph Adler is the immediate past Secretary/General Counsel of the CFA, was an executive member of the CFA Board of Directors (2007-2015) and is listed by LEXPERT as one of the leading franchise lawyers in Canada. His partner, Lloyd Hoffer, is an experienced franchise litigator and is also listed by LEXPERT as one of the leading franchise lawyers in Canada.
Our firm is well positioned to address your franchising legal needs.
Franchise Law Services
We are here to help you efficiently and cost effectively, whether you are:
- an existing franchisor looking for legal assistance in Canada;
- a prospective franchisee looking for guidance when considering the purchase of a franchise or an existing franchisee;
- a business owner looking to franchise your system domestically; or
- a franchisor looking to expand your system internationally.
- represent domestic and international brand owners in acquiring and enforcing their trademarks and implementing brand management strategies.
- assist with copyright- and patent-related issues and act as counsel in contentious intellectual property proceedings.
- are experienced advocates in trial and appellate courts, as well as before administrative tribunals, and in a broad variety of subject matter, including commercial, franchising, intellectual property, professional liability, and other litigation.
Recognition and Leadership in Franchising
Our partners, Joseph Adler and Lloyd Hoffer have what it takes to address your legal needs.
Recognized by his peers, Joseph Adler is:
- Immediate Past Secretary and General Counsel, Canadian Franchise Association
- Member, the CFA’s Legal and Legislative Affairs Committee
- Director and executive member, the CFA's Board of Directors (2007-2015)
- Contributing editor, the Franchise and Distribution Journal (Federated Press)
Listed as a leading practitioner in franchise law in the:
- Prestigious International Who's Who of Franchise Lawyers
- Legal LEXPERT Directory
- Franchise Times as a "Legal Eagle" - one of the top franchise lawyers in the United States and Canada
- The National Post’s Best Lawyers in Canada (franchising)
Lloyd Hoffer is an experienced advocate who assists clients in managing disputes before a wide variety of courts and tribunals. He is recognized as a leading lawyer in franchising law in the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory. He is listed in Who’s Who Legal in franchise law. He is listed by Best Lawyers™ in Canada in personal injury litigation, and peer rated “AV® Preeminent™” by Martindale Hubble®. He has conducted civil litigation in the trial and appellate courts of three Canadian jurisdictions as well as administrative proceedings before tribunals exercising regulatory powers at both the federal and provincial levels.