The Canadian Franchise Association (CFA) is a great resource for international franchisors looking to franchise in Canada. #Checklist
Our members have access to a variety of resources, events and educational programming, as well as a network of fellow franchisors to draw upon, many of whom have successfully established international franchise operations in Canada.
The CFA also has an extensive supplier membership who can provide expert support in bringing international concepts to Canada.
If you have the opportunity to bring an international franchise system to Canada, there are many things that must be considered. For that reason, it is recommended that you seek the assistance of Canadian franchise professionals who understand the Canadian marketplace and have experience dealing with companies with an international reach. For a start, you’ll want to speak with a franchise lawyer, franchise consultant and financial professionals. They can help you understand how to franchise in Canada:
- complying with Canadian legislation, regulations, and franchise tax requirements;
- securing Canadian trademarks, copyrights and/or patents; working with different levels of Canadian government;
- deciding on an entry structure (i. e.: single/multi-unit, area development, master franchisees, etc.);
- adapting the franchise’s offering or product mix to suit the Canadian marketplace;
- creating a business plan and obtaining financing;
- setting up training, support or human resources programs.
Even if you haven't started franchising in Canada, you are welcome to join the CFA. To learn more about the many benefits of CFA membership, click here or contact Angela Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org / 800-665-4232 ext. 296.
Learn more! Complete the form below to download a free checklist for U.S. franchisors looking to expand in Canada: