POSITION TITLE: President & Chief Executive Officer (Based in Toronto)
REPORTS TO: CFA Board of Directors
The Canadian Franchise Association (CFA) is seeking a President & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to grow the organization in all respects including:
- Stakeholder Engagement,
- Association Influence,
- Overall Value, and
Candidates will bring senior management skills and relevant leadership results, preferably with an understanding of franchising. Knowledge of associations is helpful.
The President & CEO is expected to realize these outcomes for the Association:
- Cultivate and expand the CFA's membership, realizing net growth in the total percentage of franchise systems represented;
- Engage the industry's top leaders - executives and companies - in their active support of the CFA;
- Operate a financially strong organization while successfully navigating transitions in revenue sources and driving revenues through enhancing the value of what the CFA offers;
- Build the CFA's voice and recognized leadership in advocacy and government relations on behalf of franchising;
- Attract, retain, and inspire a stellar team to serve members, assist the Board of Directors, and who see the CFA as a great place to work and develop.
The position requires a senior professional with a proven track-record building relationships; resourceful in delivering value and strategic outcomes with limited resources; creative in implementing workable solutions to complex challenges; a team leader who motivates people while ensuring results are achieved; an exceptional communicator who engages effectively, communicates clearly, and is consistently respectful and trustworthy.
Core pillars comprising the CFA's value proposition include advocacy, training, and connecting people. (Learn more about the CFA.)
The President & CEO reports to the CFA Board of Directors and oversees a team of approximately 30 staff at its Toronto-based (Pearson Airport area) office.
Qualified individuals are invited to apply with their resume and cover letter addressing the CFA's needs, including a confidential statement of compensation expectations, to:
The Portage Group
Attention: Jack Shand, FCMC, Executive Partner
Applicants selected for interview may expect to be contacted in August.
Questions about this opportunity may be directed to Jack Shand at email@example.com.
CFA is committed to making the dream of business ownership for everyday Canadians become a reality.