- CFA Awards Program
- Eligibility & Entry
- Benchmarking Report Process
Eligibility & Entry
The CFA Awards Program is exclusive to CFA brands that:
- have been franchising for at least 3 years, and
- have at least 6 franchisees (owners and not just locations)
Participants fall into one of seven categories based on two criteria:
- Type of system:
- Traditional: brick-and-mortar locations (where the client comes to do business, i.e. a store)
- Non-Traditional: mobile, home-based or any other type of franchise that would classify as Non-Traditional
- Number of franchisees:
- 6-15 Franchisees
- 16-29 Franchisees
- 30-99 Franchisees
- 100+ Franchisees
* Please note: in the Non-Traditional category, 30-99 Franchisees and 100+ Franchisees will be merged into one category.
The categories will be as follows:
|6 – 15 Franchisees||6 – 15 Franchisees|
|16 – 29 Franchisees||16 – 29 Franchisees|
|30-99 Franchisees||30+ Franchisees|
Entry is by brand – each brand must complete their own questionnaire and submit a distinct franchisee contact list.
In order to qualify for the Awards, eligible brands must meet certain franchisee participation levels, as follows:
For New and Emerging Systems:
- with 6-10 franchisees, 100% must participate;
For all other systems:
- up to 100 franchisees, at least 10 must participate
- over 100 franchisees, at least 10% must participate
Eligibility requirements are based on Canadian operations. To help franchise systems promote franchisee participation, franchisors are provided with an e-mail template to send to their franchisees. The template provides information about the CFA Awards Program to encourage franchisees to take 15 minutes to complete the online survey.
The Entry Process
The entry process is simple and can be completed in a few easy steps.
- Use the button on the upper right to go to the registration page, or request the link from email@example.com
- Complete the registration and choose your start date.
- You will be notified via e-mail by The Portage Group of receipt of your registration and will be requested to provide an electronic contact list of all your franchisees.
- Submit your electronic contact list to The Portage Group.
- Franchisees will receive an e-mail invitation to participate based on the date you choose.
- Franchisees complete the Franchisee Survey online and must submit their responses within the specified time.
Questions? For more information and to learn how you can take part, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org