Hit a Hole-In-One at CFA’s Golf Classic with these Top Networking Tips
Any good businessperson knows that networking is a key ingredient for franchising success. Whether it is forming partnerships with influential entrepreneurs, spreading your brand to target audiences, or learning effective business strategies from experts in the field, networking serves many purposes within the world of franchising.
And although it looks easy, making connections and forming relationships can be a full-time job! Determination and hard work are all qualities needed to create long-lasting and substantial business connections.
The annual Golf Classic in support of CFA’s advocacy work is the next great networking event for franchise leaders! Franchisors and their clients, franchisees, and service support suppliers will all be in attendance for a fun day of friendly competition and countless networking opportunities.
To help you get prepared for the day, we’ve provided a list of the hottest networking tips to help you connect with industry leaders!
- Be On Time: Being late never looks good and never goes unnoticed. Show your reliability by arriving on time (Golf Classic registration opens at 10:00 a.m.) and come early if you plan on meeting prospective franchisees or clients on the greens.
- Bring Business Cards: You never know when you’re going to meet someone who can change the course of your business career! Make sure you come prepared with business cards to hand out, and don’t be afraid to ask others for theirs. Don’t forget to follow up with your connections afterwards!
- Don’t Start The Day Talking Business: The Golf Classic is meant to be a fun, stress-free day! Acknowledge when business talk is and isn’t appropriate.
- Put Your Guests First: If you’re inviting employees or clients, ask them what activities they want to participate in, and play to their comfort level. In addition to golf, sports and spa options are available.
- Don’t Be Competitive: Showing your competitive side can take the fun out of the day. Be sure to take the game lightly, and to offer teammates and competitors helpful tips they can incorporate to improve their game.
- Stay Engaged And Listen: It’s not all about you! Although you may be eager to talk about your business, make sure you listen to what others are offering. Engage, ask questions, and make others feel valued.
- Research: If you want to connect with a specific individual or franchise system, come prepared with questions you want to ask, and make sure you know their business inside and out! Trust us, they’ll be impressed!
- Articulate Your Goals: Understand your business goals and be able to effectively talk about them, especially when someone asks.
- Have Fun and Enjoy the Day!