10 Sample Questions To Ask When Investigating A Franchise System
Knowledge is power – so be prepared and know what questions to ask at The Franchise Show.
TIP: Print this page and bring it with you to the show.
- Are you a member of the Canadian Franchise Association (CFA)?
- How many years has the franchisor been operating? How many units do they have overall?
- How does the franchisor choose franchisees? How are qualifications reviewed?
- What makes the franchisor's product or service unique?
- What kind of support and advice, including advertising, marketing and promotional assistance,does the franchisor provide franchisees?
- Does the franchisor choose the location or does the franchisee?
- Will you be provided with a disclosure document? Does it comply to provincial laws in Alberta/Ontario/PEI or CFA's minimum disclosure requirements?
- How much is the initial franchise fee?
- What is the anticipated period of time between start-up and profitability?
- What are the future plans of the franchise?