About the CFA Awards of Excellence in Franchising and Franchisees' Choice Designation
The Awards are presented annually to franchise brands that have demonstrated a dedication to superior franchisee relations, team work and communications. Participating in the program is exclusive to CFA franchise system members who have been franchising for three (3) years or more and have a minimum of six (6) franchisees. There is no charge to participate. Members may participate in either or both of the programs.
The award winners are determined based on the results of a survey completed by CFA member franchisors and franchisees about their experiences with their franchise system and relationships with the franchisors. This survey is administered by InfoFeedback, an independent third-party research firm. The survey results are used to evaluate the calibre and strength of a franchise brand’s franchisee relations.
In order to qualify for the CFA Awards Program, a franchise brand must meet certain franchisee participation levels as follows:
- Systems with fewer than six (6) franchisees are not eligible to participate.
- If a system has fewer than ten (10) franchisees and are considered to be in the "New/Emerging" category, they may qualify as long as 100% of their franchisees participate
- If a system is not in the "New/Emerging" category, they must have at least ten (10) franchisees in total and
- if they have between 10 and 50 franchisees, at least ten (10) must respond
- if they have more than 50 franchisees, they must have at least ten (10) or 10% respond, whichever is greater.
The CFA Awards of Excellence in Franchising are the pinnacle of franchise achievement in Canada and are the highest recognition a franchise system can receive from the CFA.
The CFA Awards of Excellence in Franchising program has four categories. These were created to reflect the wide range of franchise opportunities in the marketplace and to enable franchise systems to be rated against their peers. Entries are separated into Traditional Franchises (i.e. those with brick and mortar locations) and Non-Traditional Franchises (i.e. mobile, home-based, etc.). Within these groups, entrants are grouped based on the length of time the franchise system has been operating (3 - 10 years and 11+ years).
Each of the categories has a Gold, Silver and Bronze winner. The CFA Awards of Excellence in Franchising Grand Prize is selected from amongst the Gold winners in each category.
About the Franchisees’ Choice Designation
The Franchisees’ Choice designation identifies that a franchise brand has received solid endorsement and ratings from its franchisees through the achievement of solid rankings in the independently-administered survey. In this survey, franchisees of the participating franchise brand were asked to rate the franchisor in key areas of the franchise business model. Being a Franchisees’ Choice designee is a particularly high honour because its achievement is based on ranking that come directly from the franchisees themselves.
Benefits of Participating
The CFA Awards Program is different. Not only does winning provide powerful recognition for your brand but participatiion yields a comprehensive report that summarizes and compares responses for franchisors and franchisees. One entry. Two program choices. A comprehensive report.
All participants are eligible to receive:
- A chance to win the Grand Prize, a Category Award and/or a Franchisees' Choice designation
- Valuable third-party insights in to the strength of the relationships within your franchise system
- Access to a customized feedback report* comparing the franchisor's opinion of how the system is performing to their franchisees' opinions (aggregate) on the same areas of operation to determine areas of misconception and validate all the things you are doing right
- Access to a benchmark survey report** comparing your system to an aggregate of others in your category and all participants overall (actual names undisclosed)
2013 Call for Entries
The Call for Entries for the 2013 CFA Awards Program will be made in Fall 2012. Mark your calendars and be sure to participate in one of CFA’s most valuable programs for franchise system.
For more information about the CFA Awards Program, contact Peter Jacobs, Director, Membership, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-695-2896 ext. 224.